Post Admission - Name Changes

You may request to make a change to your name after formal admission by the Court, by contacting the Attorney Registration Office. To do so, complete the following steps:

(1) Complete a Request for Name Change form, available from the PA Disciplinary Board. This form is found in a list of attorney forms on their site.
(2) Attach an official document authorizing the name change (i.e. marriage certificate, divorce decree).
Fax or mail the completed form to the Attorney Registration Office. You may not simply practice under a name other than that by which you were admitted, whether your name changes by court action or by informal means such as change in marital status. If any change in your name occurs, you must pursue the change of name process within thirty (30) days after the change in name.